Friday, June 26, 2009

Let Summer Begin!

Darren's work sponsored the Mud Volleyball Tournament this year at Ogden Days. He even got to participate... and wow was it muddy! It was fun to see him play, since he has no idea how to play volleyball. Our first date was playing volleyball, and lets just say that is not the reason I married him! But to my surprise he did quite well. (it must have been the mud!)
Darren setting up his teammate for a spike!
Now this is my favorite picture! You see that leg stickin' out there in the bottom right of the picture?... That is Darren's foot! And the big splash of mud...Well that is him! Way to take one for the team Darren! When Breanne saw her daddy fall into the water she got a bit worried and yelled, "Daddy.. You 'kay?"
Needless to say they didn't win the tournament.. it was double elimination and they were eliminated on they're 2nd game. But wow was it fun to watch! Darren was having so much fun in the mud that he took a quick little swim before exiting the game.
Breanne was dying to ride the horsey, so we indulged her.. Wow 3 bucks a ride! I am sure glad we just have the 1 kid or we would have had to taken out a loan for the carnival.
Yup, you got it another 3 bucks! But she was being such a good girl and having such a fun time that we couldn't resist! She wanted to go on the big rides but we had to draw the line. I think she will have lots of fun at carnivals to come! This was just a mini preview to the State Fair and Lagoon. I think she is like her Daddy... a thrill seeker. She definitely didn't get that from me.



4 comments:

The Smith's said...

That is too crazy! How did he get home from that, Not in my car! Did he walk home? =) Strangely though, it does look like lots of fun!

dtbjacobson said...

Gentry... 2 something in the AM!! Go to bed silly boy! He was hosed off good after he was done! Thanks for always leaving comments! We love it! :-)

John and Alisa said...

Yikes! I cannot believe he got so "into it". That looks like a muddy good time! I'm sure getting that muddy was his childhood dream come true...(I know my boys would be in heaven).

The Smith's said...

Hey Tara,
You know how it is some days, after midnight is the only time most days to have some quiet time when raising three squirts. But the truth is that it is more to do with procrastination~ up doing an lesson for Elders that night to give the next (or the same) day at 11:00 am! Always the procrastinator ya know!

And to reply to Darren's post-
Darren~
So Sorry~ We for some reason have always thought it was "sen", but now that you have taught me I will always remember that you are the "Son" of Jacob. =)
So just to be sure~ You say you are Darren the son of Jacob who is the son of Isaac, which makes Abraham your Great Great Grandfather? Sheesh~ I think I got it now. =) I did change it on our Blog, and thanks for keepin us straight.
-Gent